Saturday 21 January 2012

Ahhhh Attack of the giant Rabbit and racing ladies

Ahhhh Saturdays. In Saturdays gone by that a resigned to my past and folklore I would usually spend them waking up, having a bacon buttie (possibly with a hangover) armed witha cup of tea I'd laze around the living room in my very fashionable Teenage mutant ninja turtle lounge pants and batman t-shirt and watch Soccer A.M often laughing and Tubes' random but very funny mad rap skills.

After which I'd then shower and get change, have a walk to the local shop to get something to eat for the evening and place a few bets on the days football action to make it a little bit more interesting before going back home to watch Gillette Soccer Saturday and embarrassing the banter in screen as though I as there taking part in it myself, eager to see if my bets would pay out often ending in heart break and swearing, and being in a sulk against the team who didn't come through for my pay out and swearing that I will forever hold a grudge and hate that team.



However, Saturdays are a different question now, for one I could be working. If not I now spend it with the family. I still place my bets, and try watch soccer Saturday and soccer am although it might be watched as a delay on sky+ later. The bacon butty is also essential to start my day as are the lounge pants!

Last week in my previous post, Smiles,Frowns and one very drunk rabbit You would have read that it was my first day left alone with the 2 girls whilst mummy went out for the day to be an adult. Well firstly thank you for all the kind comments, e-mails and tweets asking how it all went. Well the truth is..... I cheated, the day ended up being spent with my mum, and my two sisters and my nephew and the girls. So in all honesty, I cheated, if I as a footballer it would have been a straight red card for a blatant to footed tackle! (unless you're a Manchester united player as they get away with murder week in week out) as they helped looked after the girls and treated us all to lunch in the process. My family live about 70 minutes away so it was nice for them all to come and help, the girls enjoyed it and so do I. I am sorry I let all you down who read my blog and have been asking how it all went.



However I shall make it upto you all right now as today, this Saturday was a different story. Mummy went out for the day with her sister and I have been left with both girls all by myself, Yikes ! So how has today gone you may ask? So far so good, I woke up in my Muppet lounge pants and batman t-shirt, the missus cooked us a lovely full English breakfast before leaving us. Then I got the girls ready, made a bottle. As I tried getting the pram out of the house with baby strapped in the pram seat flipped 180 degrees so baby was trapped in but facing upside down, I was so scared that she was hurt but no tears nothing, I got her out to check and she cried when i help her, but she is all fine and not a scratch. We got the train into town and all the way there she was looking to me as to say, "you're a numpty daddy fancy not checking the seat was fully fixed on!"

Whilst in town we also saw a giant rabbit which made eldest happy but nervous at the same time as she ironically clutched her beloved rabbit who was made to look tiny in comparison to the giant rabbit. She wouldn't get her picture next to it as she was too scared even if the nice lady tried to get her to touch it. Then we stopped so me and Eldest ER could get a cake to eat after lunch and then we headed home. We got the train and the only time we weren't offered any help on the train today came on our way home. Te train pulled up and we were in a race with a 40 odd year old lady who was determined to beat me, the pram and eldest to the door of the train, didn't offer to help and then tried to make conversation with me on the train, the cheek of some people!



As we got home I fed both children and managed to put my bets on, obviously I couldn't do this in town as firstly children aren't allowed in betting shops but most importantly what sort of Daddy would take there children into a betting shop? So I did it all online, then eldest helped change the youngest child and then proceeded to give Rabbit a change of nappy (I think he was that scared of the giant rabbit earlier her pooed himself)


And that brings us up to right now. Eldest is playing and youngest is sleeping so I think I'll have a cuppa and watch Soccer Saturday. We've had a good day so far no naughty step and no tears, we shall set off soon to Nanny's where we will meet mummy. Thank you for all your kind messages last week, I hope every time I have the girls is as easy as this, me thinks not though.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely post, Daddy, & thank you for being wonderful, but call me your Missus again & you won't be getting any more cooked breakfasts!!

    ReplyDelete