Sunday 12 February 2012

Day 43: A special day....

Today is the anniversary of a special day. You see a year ago today I had my first date with a very special lady. My OH Peagreen Gwin. Our first date happened in a mutual place, in Harrogate where we now currently reside together. It Happened in a Bar called Alberts. Neither of us knew Harrogate particularly well, we'd ask friends to suggest places to go and this was where we'd settled on. It was nothing fancy, we'd decided we'd keep it simple and meet for drinks, so we can converse with one another.

It was 2 days before Valentines, I'd got to the bar around 20 minutes early, I'd drove so I couldn't get myself drunk and make a fool of myself. I still remember how she looked when she walked in the room. She stood out from the great, so beautiful, so independent, strong and confident. She stood out (and not because she as walking floral carpet trousers) but because to me she as the most beautiful woman in the room. I couldn't take my eyes off her all night and loved every minute of that evening.

I remember we had a good night kiss as I waited with her for her taxi, I was nervous and she led the way in for the kiss. She confessed after that she thought I didn't like her because I didn't lead for the kiss but once I'd got home she knew I liked her as I sent her a text to say I hope she got home safe and that I'd had fun. What I've never told her is that from the night on, I've been crazy about her and have never stopped thinking about her. She is my world, and everyday I love her more and more. Thank you Peagreen Gwin.


Today doesn't mark our anniversary, this is just the anniversary of our first date. But it would be a significant date in our lives. Without this meeting I'd never had got to meet her daughter ER.....


And of course this night would have been the night when TV was a twinkle in her mummys eye as she was far from our thoughts.....


I am so lucky to have met this wonderful woman and I can't wait to celebrate our official anniversary and make many more happy memories. It's been a rollercoaster first year, everything has happened so fast and changed so much, but I have never been happier and it's all down to this wonderful woman, Thank you Peagreen Gwin, I love you so much xxx

1 comment: