Saturday 15 December 2012

A musical journey - December

So it's December, and yet I've been quite lazy and not done a musical post, or have I cunningly waited till later in the month? No the first note was right I've just been lazy. But it is December so all should be forgiven. So at the risk of being cheesy, this months theme is if course Christmas!

I love Christmas, the family, the films, the weather (if it snows that us) the food, the TV, the drinks, the decorations and of course the music. Some places overkill it by starting too early, now I am by no means a Scrooge but I like to try keep Christmas to December. I like Christmas songs in December. I love all the traditional carols etc, and I love all the main songs we here like most wonderful time, wish it could be Christmas, etc etc but in this post I'd like to celebrate a few songs that might not be as famous/newer songs, so here goes....

Orba Squara - what I want for Christmas
I first heard this song a few years ago. I remember it was used on a sky movies advert. I instantly loved it, it's was soft and different for a Christmas song, It for me is a welcome change to all the other songs played traditionally at this time of year. It is kind of like my hidden gem, but I'm happy to share with you keep it quiet though...


Bo Selecta - Proper Crimbo
This is actually a contender for one if my favourite all time Christmas songs. It's just fun, pure and simple. And isn't this wheat this time of year is about fun? Avid Merrion dies a great job and the video is a laugh too, now come along sing with me...


The Killers - Happy Birthday Guadalupe
The Killers release a Christmas song every year. That's some fear, and every year it's a great song. Of there Christmas songs this us one of my favourites. It's quite a warm song and I quite like the video it's different, like the Orba Squara song has a different feel and a welcome change to all the other festive songs....


The Killers - Don't shoot me Santa
Ok Ok so I've put 2 Killers songs on, but it is meant to be about less celebrated different songs for Christmas and what could be more different than the idea if killer Santa who shoots people? Again a great song enhanced by a great video showing a psychotic Santa who has kidnapped Brandon Flowers, oh no!


Train - Shake up Christmas
Of all the songs on this list this to me sounds the most festive. Train are one if my favourite bands and ok they have sold out a bit doing a coca cola song, but it's Christmas and the Coca Cola truck whether you like it or not is now kind of a tradition of Christmas, after all Coca Cola is the reason why Santa wears Red. But back to the song, a very festive sounding Christmas jingle, again quite a recent song too, it always gets a smile on my face...

No comments:

Post a Comment