Friday 23 March 2012

Life's a beach

Last weekend saw us embrace the sunny weather and hit the seaside with the kids. Although the weekend started with a sombre affair for my OH having to attend a family funeral it gave me time to look after the girls by myself, something I don't get much to do.

We decided this was the perfect opportunity to go shopping for mummy's mothers day and birthday pressies. We got our tools and started work, eventually we ended up making this rather nifty looking card for mummy....

The next day mummy again left me with the girls as she went to the salon to be pampered for her birthday. I fed the children whilst youngest decided to have a 3 hour nap straight after hampering our days activities. After this we headed towards Scarborough to grab a bit to eat before meeting up with mummy who looked very relaxed and refreshed after her mornings worth of pampering. We then headed towards the seaside, this was the first time youngest had ever been to the seaside, and the first time I've took eldest there. In Scarborough there's the old tram that takes you down, we opted for this route, although I can never remember going on this as a child myself....


As we reached the bottom if the hill we decided to nip into one if the arcades.....


But eldest was a little scared of them....


As we reached the seafront a thousand memories came flooding back. I hadn't been to Scarborough since I was about 10, but can remember walking along the seafront scaring my mum half to death thinking I've run off when I was busy playing on the games in the arcades trying to persuade her to give me some more money. We then went to get an ice cream, mummy insisted on going to a certain ice cream shop that she'd always go to as a little girl so we each plumped for our individual tastes, mummy went for a full lemon ice cream....


I went for a strawberry topped Ice cream....


And eldest went for a milk lolly....


Youngest didn't think much about daddy's ice cream....


And eldest didn't think much of mummy's....


But as we strolled along the seafront with our ice creams, in what then turned typical colder weather mummy then said, "oh wait, that's the ice cream shop!" she'd made us go to the wrong place, silly ! On our way back we let eldest walk along the beach which she enjoyed but myself and youngest had to walk on the Path as the wheels to the pram wouldn't move in the sand. So eldest was looking cute walking hand in hand with mummy....

As walking on the sand, the temptation is too great not to play with it and allow the small grains slip through her fingers so eldest must pick up the sand and throw it around, I'm just surprised she didn't get any in her eye....


And of course just was the girls get off the beach and back onto tarmac, they must get rid of all the sand that has collected in their shoes, after all we love the beach but we don;t ant to take it home with us....


On our way home both girls had a nice sleep as of course the day was long , and I couldn't resist but take a picture of eldest as she slept, she'll probably kill me for this photo one day when she's older....


We promised her another trip back to the seaside so she can build a sandcastle next time, that'll be interesting!
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a lovely - and tiring day out! I think I am inclined to agree with mummys choice of ice-cream - lemon rules!

    Any salty chips on the sea front? That's my all time most favourite thing in the world ever ever ever. I like it a lot :D

    ReplyDelete